We usually end up with something that looks like it came from frou frou pizza place than your garden variety pepperoni pizza place. Both husband and I worked in pizza restaurants as teens. After dealing with so many orders of pepperoni pizzas during that time, we tend to put anything but pepperoni on a pizza.
Spinach, onion, shrimp, 2 cheese pizza on a homemade whole wheat pizza crust
Husband and I declared June Eat From the Pantry and Freezer Month. I got requests for my whole wheat pizza dough recipe after mentioning it on Condo Blues. Well, I’m not going to be whipping up a new batch since my breadmaker is pushing up daises, so you might as well do it for me.
Wheat Wheat Pizza Dough
1 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ cups white flour
1 ½ cups wheat flour
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon yeast
2. Add the ingredients in the order listed and according to the manufacturer’s directions.
3. Press Start on the bread machine and wait until done.
4. Roll the dough onto a greased pizza pan (I use a baking stone. It does not need grease/oil.)
5. Bake the dough in the oven for 12 minutes at 425 degrees (F.)
6. Remove the baked dough from the oven and add sauce, toppings, and cheese as desired.
7. Return the pizza to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is toasty brown.
8. Eat. Enjoy. Repeat!
Did you like this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Lazy Budget Chef RSS feed or by subscribing to Lazy Budget Chef by email.