If you’re tired of strawberry shortcake, here’s a yummy strawberry dessert for you to try courtesy of SamsClub.com/Meals. Check them out for weekly recipe ideas!
Strawberry Panna Cotta Recipe
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
2 teaspoons (1 pkt.) unflavored gelatin (use 1½ teaspoon if you prefer a softer texture)
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt or buttermilk
2 cups whipping cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sugar
2 pints strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
Optional: ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For Panna Cotta:
1. Lightly oil custard cups
2. Pour water into small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand until softened, about 15 minutes.
3. Mix yogurt, 1-cup cream and vanilla in a large bowl.
4. Heat remaining 1 cup cream and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved and cream comes to a simmer. Remove from heat.
5. Add gelatin mixture to pan, stirring to dissolve gelatin. Mix hot cream-gelatin mixture into yogurt mixture in bowl.
6. Divide mixture among six ¾-cup ramekins. Refrigerate dessert uncovered until cold, then cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
1. Toss strawberries, vinegar, sugar (and pepper, optional) in large bowl to combine.
2. Let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
To serve: Run a small knife around the edge of each custard to loosen. Invert onto your serving plates then top with the strawberry sauce.
Did you like this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Lazy Budget Chef RSS feed or by subscribing to Lazy Budget Chef by email.