At first I frowned because of course no one would make food allergy bracelets for adults since everyone thinks food allergies are a “new” children’s issue. (News flash. Food allergies aren’t new or worse or just for kids. Our science and awareness has gotten better at detecting food allergies before someone dies from them.)
Fortunately I have a 6 inch wrist and the kid’s milk allergy bracelet fit me on the last snap. I bought it since my milk allergy is more of an issue in my day to day than my medication allergy.
Now hanging out with Mr. Moo the Milk Allergy Mascot on my wrist is no big deal to me because sometimes I want a big screaming sign that says I’M ALLERGIC TO MILK!” when I’m at a potluck dinner and the like. Other times, like work meetings, dressier occasions, performances, or days where I don’t feel like being a billboard I’d like a medical bracelet that is more sublet and fashionable. More importantly I need an emergency ID bracelet with the medicine allergy on it too just in case I need it to speak for me if the unthinkable happens and I cannot.
I guess I’ve waiting this long to look for an allergy ID bracelet because in my mind most look like the stainless steel medical bracelet shown below. Practical, necessary, but not very stylish.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post that help us keep this blog running at no additional cost to you if you choose to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Lazy Budget Chef!I want a medical awareness bracelet that looks a little more like the jewelry I normally wear. I’m cautious about wearing a medical bracelet without a caduceus (the snake and staff medical symbol) like the Inspired Silver Diabetic Awareness Charm Bracelet. Medical professionals are trained to look for medic alert jewelry and in my opinion, the life saving Diabetes medical information gets lost in the design.
To be fair the product description calls it an Diabetes awareness bracelet not a Diabetes medical ID bracelet. However there are people who said they wear it for medical purposes in their Amazon reviews.
Fashionable Medical and Allergy ID Bracelets for Women and Girls
I figured it was time to get a proper allergy ID bracelet and was surprised at the options I found. Happily emergency ID bracelets have come a long way in style and function than the generic medical ID bracelets found in drug stores. Finally cute and stylish medical emergency bracelets I want to wear, since it is something I have to wear. I though I’d share the love just in case you are looking for a medical ID bracelet for men, women, or children that is functional with a little bit of fun thrown in too.
- Hope Paige Medical Multi-color Beaded Style Medical ID Bracelet – looks like a Pandora style bracelet with your choice of medical information engraved on the charm. It is adjustable for wrists measuring 6 1/4 inches through 7 1/4 inches.
- Bling Jewelry Women's Steel Red Enamel Medical Alert Red Enamel ID Tag Bracelet – comes in gold and silver. It has your choice of medical information engraved on the front or back of the Enamel ID tag and fits up to a 7 inch wrist. I’m seriously considering this bracelet because it is low profile enough for me to pair with another bracelet and has a small but prominently placed caduceus so an EMT will find it if no one is able to tell them.
- Bling Jewelry Stainless Steel Teen Girls Pink Enamel Oval Medical ID Tag Adjustable Bracelet - They say it is for teens but it also makes for a casual option for women too. It comes in a variety of colors and with your choice of medical information engraved on the front or back of the Enamel ID tag.
- N Style ID Hawaiian Flower Personalized Girls Medical Id Bracelet – is adjustable up to 6 ½" wrist (any extra webbing can be cut from the bracelet if you like) and comes in a wide range of designs for both male and female wearers. The ID tag comes with your choice of medical information engraved on the Enamel ID tag and is interchangeable with other N Style kids bands (sold separately.)
- N Style ID Women's Beaded Pan-dorra Type Personalized Medical ID Bracelet – N Style sells most of their medial ID bracelets with your choice of exchangeable bracelet that clasps to the medical ID tag itself. Meaning you have the option of buying one engraved medical ID tag with your choice of medical information on the back and can change the look by buying interchangeable bands to go from causal to formal and coordinate with your wardrobe. I like this band because I can layer it with my Pandora bracelet although N Style says you can add your favorite brand of interchangeable beads to it if you like. If you are crafty, you can easily make your own store beaded bracelets with lobster clasps for even more bracelet options for less money. I’m seriously considering this one myself.
Fashionable Medical and Allergy ID Bracelets for Boys and Teens
- N Style ID Camo Boys Kids Personalized Medical ID Bracelet – is adjustable up to 6 ½" wrist (any extra webbing can be cut from the bracelet if you like) and comes in a wide range of designs for both male and female wearers. The ID tag comes with your choice of medical information engraved on the Enamel ID tag and is interchangeable with other N Style kids bands (sold separately.)
- Logan Leather Hemp Medical Bracelet – fits most most adult wrist sizes from 6 1/2 - 9 inches and features a leather brand with hemp accents. It comes with your choice of medical information engraved on front of the stainless steel medical tag.
- Hope Paige Medical Rope Knot Medical ID – is a rugged rope bracelet with an adjustable slide knot closure and fits wrists from 6 to 8 1/2 inches. It comes with your choice of medical information engraved on front of the stainless steel medical tag.
- N Style ID Men's Pegasus Personalized Medical Alert Bracelet – comes with a gold and silver band. N Style sells most of their medial ID bracelets with your choice of exchangeable bracelet that clasps to the medical ID tag itself. Meaning you have the option of buying one engraved medical ID tag with your choice of medical information on the back and can change the look by buying interchangeable bands to go from causal to formal and coordinate with your wardrobe.
- MedicAlert® Stainless Steel Medical ID Bracelet – comes in men's’ and women’s styles. The medical information is engraved on the back of the tag. What makes this medical ID bracelet different is you also pay an annual fee to keep your medical information on file with MedicAlert. Medical personnel can call the 800 number engraved on the bracelet to get your doctor’s name, emergency contact phone number, and medication information.
Water Proof Silicone Medical and Allergy ID Bracelets for Children and Adults
- Stainless Steel and Rubber Medical ID Bracelet – is an adjustable buckle bracelet that comes with your choice of medical information engraved on the bracelet in 2 lines up to 20 characters per line.
- Allermates Wristband - is an adjustable silicone children’s wristband comes preprinted with either asthma, gluten intolerance, diabetes, autism, vegan, latex, epilepsy, penicillin, insect sting or one of the 8 major food allergen name and corresponding cartoon character.
- Beware Bandits – this is the food allergy ID bracelet I bought. It is an adjustable silicone wristband is latex and nickel free and fits up to a 6 inch wrist. Each kid’s allergy alert bracelet comes preprinted with either asthma, wheat/gluten allergy, diabetes, epilepsy, penicillin, insect sting or one of the 8 major food allergen name and corresponding cartoon character. There is a space to write an emergency contact telephone number inside the bracelet. I wrote Husband’s cell phone number inside my bracelet just in case.
- Kids/Small Adult Medical ID Write-On Silicone Bracelet – comes in three colors and is adjustable for wrist sizes 5 1/5 to 7 1/2 inches. There is space to write your choice of medical information on the back of the bracelet with a permanent marker.
- Cute Medical Bracelets Nut Allergy Medical Alert Silicone Bracelet – is a silicone band with preprinted allergy or medical condition information on the outside of the band. It comes in wrist sizes 5 1/5 inches, 6 1/4 inches, 7 1/4 inches, and toddler size. There are several allergy and medical condition bracelets available.
- Allerbling Food Allergy Awareness Bracelet - is a solid silicone and latex-free bracelet for children 3 to 8 years old. The wristband has five holes and can accommodate four allergy charms and a caduceus charm. It is a great option for children with multiple allergies or medical concerns. The bracelet comes with 8 major allergy charms and a medic charm. Allerbling has 14 other medical allergy and condition charms available and are sold separately.
Do you wear a medical emergency bracelet or jewelry? What kind? Share in the comments below!
Did you like this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Lazy Budget Chef RSS feed or by subscribing to Lazy Budget Chef by email.