Oh Zulily how I love you. I resisted your on line flash sales for so long because I thought you sold children’s clothing and toys. Once I learned Zulily expanded and now sells men’s and women’s clothing along with home and garden items, I took a look.
And I was hooked.
So much so that I bought the majority of last year’s Christmas gifts from Zulily and saved up to 75% off the regular price AND I finished my shopping before December!
With some of these money saving tips you will be able to shop and save even more money with Zulily on the things you need and quite possibly on the few things you want.
1. Zulily flash sales can last anywhere from one to three days with discounts ranging from 25% to 75% off (sometimes more.) New sales events are announced daily at 6:00 am Pacific Standard Time.
2.Once an item or size sells out during an event, it is gone. You lost your chance to buy it during the current event. If you really want the item, click the Notify Me - Add to Waitlist option and you will get an email when and if Zulily offers the item in the future.
3. How to get free shipping when buying several items. Zulily gives you free standard shipping for 24 hours after you make a purchase. If you are buying more than one item (it can be from the same or different brand event, it doesn’t matter.) buy one light item like a t shirt and pay for it through the check out. Zulily will give you free shipping for the rest of the day. Then order and pay for the rest of the items you want to buy and as long as you use standard shipping, they will ship free of charge.
4.How to get free weekend shipping. If you make a purchase on a Friday, Zulily will give you free shipping for the rest of Friday and to that Sunday.
5. Do not use Zulily for last minute shopping. Most items take at least 2 weeks to be delivered. The estimated shipping time is listed on each item’s sale page. Sometimes Zulily will deliver all of the items I buy from the same event together sometimes they break up the delivery times. That’s why I try to plan ahead of time if I’m gift shopping.
6. Shop the Ready to Ship section if you need 2 day shipping. Ready to Ship items can leave the warehouse in 1-2 days instead of waiting until the sales event is over. All of the shipping & handling options specific to your order will be available for you to review and choose from at checkout.
You can find Ready to Ship items either by looking for a rocket ship icon on the item page, it will appear on the product description page, at the top of an event, or by either selecting the Ready to Ship option from the pull down menu.
7. How to get an extra $15.00 credit on Zulily. For every new member who joins Zulily via your personal link AND makes a purchase, Zulily will give you $15.00 in store credit. There are some simple ways to do this without being obnoxious about it:
- Click the Invite Friends page option from the My Account drop down menu to get your personal Zulily referral link. You can also use this page to share your referral link in emails, use it to post to Facebook or copy your personal link to paste wherever you like to connect online.
- Click the Facebook, Pinterest, or Email button on a product bought to share it to your followers. If they sign up and make a purchase through that link, you will earn the Referral Credit.
- Click the Facebook, Pinterest, or Email button on a you like to share it to your followers. If they sign up and make a purchase through that link you will earn the $15.00 Referral Credit.
I invested in this Waring toaster oven because I was sick and tired of replacing toaster ovens. It was well worth the investment - especially at 60% off what I'd pay for it at Macy's.
I don’t do this very often since most of the items I buy from Zulily end up being gifts for the people who follow me on social media. I don’t want to tip them off to the surprise
8. You cannot return most items you purchase from Zulily, so checking the size before buying is important.
9. Always check the size chart before you place an order. Some items have European sizing which from experience could mean you need to order a different size than what you typically buy, including American brands. Some items use Juniors vs. Misses sizing and vice versa. It’s best to double check before you commit.
10. Order a Squatchi foot sizer if you plan to buy children’s shoes. This one goes with Tip 11 and from experience. My feet are so small I have to buy children’s shoes. I bought a foot sizer after I didn’t check the size chart and bought a pair of shoes that ended up being too big – whoops.
When I find shoes that fit me in the children's department that aren't covered in glitter, cartoon characters, or light up, I buy them if I need them. I bought these sandals yesterday. They will keep until it is warm enough to wear them. I followed Tips 3 and 4 and got free shipping on them too!
11. Zulily has excellent customer service. They sent Husband the wrong size shirt. When I called customer service, they correct their mistake and told me to donate the shirt I got by mistake. How cool is that?!
12. Sign up to get a digest of each day’s Zulily sales events. Zulily keeps each daily digest short and won’t lest every new sales event. They say they have a good idea on what sales their customers are interested in seeing after you’ve clicked around or ordered from some of the sales on their site. For me this is so-so because I do mostly gift shopping on Zulily and little for myself.
13. I have an email rule that sends it to a folder I can check at my leisure so it isn’t cluttering up the priority work emails in my main inbox during my workday.
14. Like your favorite brands to be notified when they have a sales event. Click the heart next to the brand name to like it. They next time they have a sale event, it will be in your daily email digest. You can either search for a brand by name or just wait until that brand has a flash sale. I do it both ways.
Husband likes ASICS running shoes and gear. I don’t shop ASICS during every sales event but I will give him a head’s up if his running shoes go on sale. It also makes gift shopping for Husband easier!
15. You can shop Zulily online or through the Zulily app for Android and iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. You may get deals and notices using the Zulily app that you won’t get if you solely shop from the web site.
16. Zulily sales events roughly follow the national monthly sales cycles. This may be because I was paying attention more often last year when I wrote my What Goes On Sale Each Month blog series. Either way, I’ll take it because it allowed me to get my Christmas shopping for meaningful gifts done extremely early and for a lot less than we budgeted for. (But mostly I was stoked about finishing my shopping super early!)
17. Make sure you check all of the section on the Zulily website for the best deals:
- New Today – This section features all the new events that started today.
- Best Sellers – Includes some of the most popular items on the site, as well as the date the events end.
- Last Day – Just like it sounds, this section features events that will expire today.
- Shop by Category – Choose from girls, boys, women, maternity & baby, home, and much more.
- Shop by Size – Sizes from infants to adults.
How do you save money on Zulily? Share your tips in the comments below!
Did you like this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Lazy Budget Chef RSS feed or by subscribing to Lazy Budget Chef by email.