So it makes perfect money saving sense when a financial guru like Dave Ramsey preaches that you should eat “beans and rice, rice and beans” meals as a way to cut expenses.
Unfortunately he makes eating beans and rice meals sound like a sucky and bland hardship way to save money.
I don’t agree.
Millions of people in the world eat yummy beans and rice recipes and are a staple in many countries by choice. For example Costa Rica’s national dish Gallo Pinto is – you guessed it – beans and rice!
25 Rice and Beans Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Dessert!
Tip: Try buying some of the more expensive or unfamiliar spices in these recipes in the bulk food section of the grocery store first. You can buy only the amount you need to try a new recipe. You will be surprised how cheap spices cost in the bulk section because you aren’t paying big bucks for the privilege of spices in a bottle. Yes, this is true for all grocery stores, even in a fancy pants whole
food grocery stores.
1. Cheesy Baked Black Beans & Rice – Shaken Together
2. Vegetarian Cheesy Bean and Rice Bake – Dee’s Kitchen. This is Dee’s vegetarian variation she make of Shaken Together’s recipe
3. Spanish Rice with Black Beans & Corn - Amanda’s Cookin’
4. Red Beans and Rice – Simply Designing
5. Bangin Breakfast Patties – Sarah Lynn Paige. Rice and beans for breakfast, who knew?!
6. White Beans and Rice – Love Bakes Good Cakes
7. Caribbean Rice and Peas Recipe – Mom Endeavors
8. Sante Fe Bison and Brown Rice Casserole – Just Us Four
9. Lentil Brown Rice Salad – Hello Little Home
10. Gallo Pinto - Dee’s Kitchen- Costa Rica's national dish!
11. Red Curry Lentils - Pinch of Yum
12. New Orleans Red Beans and Rice - Southern Living
13. Healthy Black Bean Soup with Rice – Women Living Well
14. How to Make Puerto Rican Arroz con Gandules in a Rice Cooker (Rice with Pigeon Peas) – Modern Mami
15. Salsa Chicken Casserole – Budget Bytes
16. Easy Red Lentil Dhal – Pinch of Yum – This is a 15 minute recipe!
17. Spicy Grilled Chicken with Baja Black Beans and Rice – Amanda’s Cookin’
18. Lentil Curry Bowls with Cilantro Cashew Sauce – Pinch of Yum – Powerhouse comfort food!
19. Dosas - Indian Lentil Wraps – Nourishing Joy – Gluten free!
20. Lentil and Brown Rice Soup – First Home Love
21. Sticky Rice Cake with Red Bean Paste – Omnivore’s Cookbook – One of my most favorite desserts in the world!
22. Meatless Meatballs (made with lentils and rice) – The Lean Green Bean
23. Pumpkin Curry with Coconut Rice – Our Small Hours – this is a sweet curry if you aren’t into spicy curries
24. Coconut Curried Sweet Potato and Chickpea Stew – One Ingredient Chef
25. World’s Best Red Beans and Rice – Hubpages
What are your favorite ways to make beans and rice?