Our plans are fairly low key. We want to take Lacey to the big Saint Patrick’s Day parade the city holds the weekend before the holiday so everyone can attend. Lacey won’t freak out at the sound of bagpipes and we won’t have to leave early. (Place your bets now.)
15 Saint Patrick's Day Recipes
Since the holiday falls on a Monday, our plans are pretty basic. Wear green to avoid being pinched, work, come home, and eat dinner. Trying to get a table at Irish or British pub for a traditional Saint Patrick’s Day meal will be impossible with Columbus' large Irish population. That’s OK. I have 15 recipes for Saint Patrick’s Day dinner, dessert, and drinks to choose from for dinner at home.
Since life is short, let’s start with Saint Patrick's Day dessert recipes first!
1. Irish Cream Hot Fudge Cupcakes by Sprinkle Bakes
2. Guinness Chocolate Pudding by Sprinkle Bakes
3. Guinness, Whiskey & Irish Cream Cupcakes by Brown Eyed Baker
4. Guinness Brownies by Wiener Tales
One of my favorite local restaurants uses Guinness in its beer battered fish and chips. The alcohol cooks out of the batter and leaves a choco-coffee-nutty flavor behind. It is life. changing!
I’ve been collecting recipes for Saint Patrick’s Day dinner ever since.
1. Bourbon Whiskey Meatballs by Key Ingredient
2.Bangers and Colcannon with Guinness Onion Gravy by Closet Kitchen
3. Steak and Guinness Pie by Closet Kitchen
4. Dry Brined Beer Can Chicken by My Recipes
5. Irish Stew by The View from Great Island
6.British Beer Battered Fish and Chips by Love Foodies
7. Guinness Glazed Corned Beef Recipe by Tammilee Tips
8. Beef & Guinness Casserole by Babaduck
Some folks would rather drink their dessert than eat it. That’s fine I found a few Saint Patrick’s Day cocktail recipes to help you out.
1. Hot Milk Chocolate Stout Cocktail by Loaded Kitchen
2. Tipsy Leprechaun by The Nibble
3. Irish Car Bomb Jelly Shots by The Homicidal Homemaker
What are you serving for Saint Patrick’s Day?
Did you like this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Lazy Budget Chef RSS feed or by subscribing to Lazy Budget Chef by email.