As much as I want to bake all of you a big batch of decent and in some cases gluten-free brownies to thank you for your help in taking down the scum that scraped my blog, I don’t know how to deliver them to you that cost a billion dollars in shipping. Which let’s face it, I’m don’t have and what money I do have is going toward all the upfront costs of hopefully repairing (instead of needing to replace) our car after my five car pile up.
Instead I collected 10 of the most amazing and wonderful recipes I could find. Don’t worry gluten and lactose free folks! I thought about you too. As well as you moms who want to sneak some vegetables into your kids.
10 Brownie Recipes So Good They Will Melt Your Eyeballs
1. Salted Caramel Brownie with a Pretzel Crust – Three great tastes that are even better together!
2. Pomegranate Brownies - Chocolate and pomegranate? Why not?
3. Brownie Pudding (Mousse) Make two batches. One to share and the other to devour straight from the pan yourself.
4. Gluten free brownies – You won’t miss the gluten and your guests will never know!
5. Brownie Cheesecake Bars – OMG! Why hasn’t someone thought of this before?!
6. Slutty Brownies - Chocolate chip cookies, brownies, Oreos all in one decadent bite. Although I’d probably switch out the Oreos for Peppermint Trader Jo Jo’s for pure, pure taste bud bliss.
7. Guinness Brownies - This has to be the best idea ever. The alcohol cooks out of the brownies and leave Guinness’ lovely chocolate caramel coffee flavor behind.
8. Zucchini Brownies – Kids hate to eat their vegetables? Hide them in these brownies and they will never know or taste them either. Maw-ha-ha!
9. Chocolate Hazelnut Iced Brownies – Two words. Nutella. Brownies. That’s all you need to know.
10. And finally, the King, the Queen, and epitome of brownies, The Killer Brownie (KBs for short.) – Dayton, Ohio doesn’t have much going for it* except Dorothy Lane Market’s Killer Brownies. These rich, dense, dark, nuggets of gold have a caramel layer that I have driven from Columbus to Dayton just to buy when my craving cannot be denied. Anyone I’ve ever given a KB, doesn’t realize how amazing this brownie is (thinking hey, it is a brownie. It’s going to be good) until the first bite. Their eyes widen, their eyebrows raise into their hairline and they almost always exclaim, “this IS a Killer Brownie!”
What is your favorite kind of brownie?
*I lived in Dayton for a few years so I should know about this. Sorry Dayton but you know it is true.
Did you like this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Lazy Budget Chef RSS feed or by subscribing to Lazy Budget Chef by email.